Crystals have been used for centuries for various purposes, such as healing and protection. But what many people don’t know is that crystals also have scientific properties that can be explored and harnessed. In this article, we will discuss the science of crystals, one of those properties: the piezoelectric effect. This is the ability of some crystals to generate electrical energy in response to pressure. We will also explore how this effect can be used to generate energy!
Here at Amazing Crystals, we try to provide useful information for our readers, this may include links to products that can be affiliate links, we may earn a small commission if you use them and we thank you for your kindness if you do.
The Scientific Properties of Crystals
Because of their unusual composition, crystals have several characteristics in common, notably the ability to generate a piezoelectric effect, which is the power to create energy in response to pressure.
The crystal lattice sits inside the crystal while it is resting and maintains its structure. The crystals’ positive and negative poles are equally dispersed and the energy stored is kept in balance or equilibrium as long as there is no stress put on it. When pressured, the piezoelectric effect causes energy to be discharged from the lattice, generating a voltage. This is the energy released by the crystal in crystal healing.
Different crystals uniquely vibrate at specific frequencies when an electrical current is passed through them, The crystal quartz vibrates at 60 hertz, which is 60 times a second and makes it ideal for a variety of applications such as clocks and timepieces.
When holding a crystal in your hand and squeezing it you are applying pressure that will generate an electrical charge, this charge is not very strong as it is minimal pressure so most people do not feel it. If pressure is applied to the crystal with a mechanical device the pressure is greater and a cubic centimeter of quartz, for example, can produce up to 12,000 volts.
A prime example of this method is used in piezo igniters that are used to light gas fires or stoves.
When you rub two pieces of quartz together in a dark room, you might see the light energy but not much heat energy is generated.
Where Did the Term Piezoelectricity Come From?
Piezoelectricity was discovered by Jacques and Pierre Curie in 1880, discovering the reverse effect of crystals releasing their energy, which led to the use of quartz within sonars during World war I.
Do Crystals Generate Sound?
Yes, a crystal’s resonance can produce sound, Scientists in the field of biomechanics, sonomicrometry, a means of measuring the distance between two piezoelectrics crystals depending on the speed of acoustic signals traveling between them, used studies in humans.
An electrical signal was sent to a crystal planted in a humans muscle tissue, the signal was then transformed into sound, this sound in the form of an energy wave passed through a special material that focused the signal and it was received by another crystal, the second crystal converted that sound into electricity which was then detected by a receiver. The distance between the two crystals could then be calculated based on the speed at which the sound moved between the crystals.
When charged each crystal has a specific vibration or resonance, a crystal bowl for example emits a distinct ringing tone if you tap it, producing a natural tone.
11 Scientific Crystal Properties Used in Healing
- Piezoelectric energy charge and discharge: This is the ability to convert pressure into an electrical charge. Using your breath to charge the crystal energetically, the energy loops back to you from the crystal until a maximum energy charge is reached, the energy can then be discharged according to the programming in the crystal and as directed by the intent of the crystal holder.
- Polarity: The ability to hold positive, negative, and neutral electrical frequencies. When has contact with a crystal, these polar frequencies are activated.
- Broadcast: The ability to send out energy patterns or information to be received by others, including other crystals. This effect is similar to a radio mic transmission which is useful for distant healing.
- Duplicate Energy: The ability to resonate with another similar object at the same frequency. The crystal can discharge an energy pattern that can be inherited as an exact duplicate by another similar energy source such as water or another type of crystal.
- Conductor: The ability to receive energy through itself with or without altering the energy patterns or program. This method is used in radio sets or for healing, the crystal is a carrier of energy and its original matrix is not altered.
- Penetrate: The ability to transmit crystalline energy through any substance. When crystals are placed on the body, energy passes through layers of clothing skin, and bones, this ability applies to distant healing, where energy can be sent and received at a considerable distance.
- Electrical Battery: The ability to store the energy of positive and negative charge within the crystal’s internal structure. The crystal can discharge the electrical impulse coherently through the crystal, according to the thought patterns of the crystal holder, to preprogrammed intent, or incoherently without focus.
- Resonant Oscillator: The ability to maintain sound or a wave of energy at a precise frequency. It has the ability to maintain a specific vibrational frequency or tone that is maintained at a regular, consistent, and precise vibration. When placed to an erratic energy signal, the crystal regulates the vibrational frequency.
- Project: The ability to discharge and transmit its own stored energy at any distance. A programmed set of instructions could be sent out as a continuous signal provided there is sufficient energy in the battery or proximity to other sources.
- Amplify: The ability to take a pattern of energy and increase its charge into more intense and coherent energy. Crystals can amplify programming as well as the energy of other energy sources, including other crystals.
- Programmable Memory: The ability to store and retrieve information and to repeat a set of instructions. Using the breath to pulse the intent or program into the matrix of the crystal.
New Science In Uniform with Crystal Healing
Crystal healing has been used for many years but in more modern times scientists have tested the theories to see if they hold true. The studies that have been conducted show that there is a scientific basis for the claims made by crystal healers.
One of the most interesting scientific properties of crystals is the piezoelectric effect. This is the ability to generate an electric charge in response to pressure.
This is why cleansing and charging your crystals is so important to make the crystals work for you. When you cleanse your crystals you are removing any build-up of negative energy. This allows the crystal to work more effectively.
Charging your crystals is also important as it ensures that the crystal has a strong and consistent energy field. This is done by exposing the crystal to sunlight or moonlight for a period of time.
Although some of the scientific terms associated with crystals can be confusing it is easier to understand in their basic form.
Basic Ways To Understand The Energy Within Crystals
The easiest way to understand the energy within crystals is to think of them as amplifiers. They can take the energy that you put into them and amplify it. This is why it is important to be mindful of the thoughts and emotions that you are putting into your crystals.
You can also think of crystals as conductors. This means that they can receive energy through themselves without altering the energy patterns or program. This is why crystals are often used in radio sets or for healing, the crystal is a carrier of energy and its original matrix is not altered.
Penetration is another scientific property of crystals that can be difficult to understand. Penetration is the ability to transmit crystalline energy through any substance. When crystals are placed on the body, the energy can penetrate through the skin and enter into the body.
This is why it is important to be careful when choosing crystals for healing. You need to make sure that the crystal you are using is not going to cause any harm to the person receiving the treatment.
While there are many scientific properties of crystals, these are some of the most important to understand. The piezoelectric effect, amplifying energy, and penetration are all ways that crystals can be used to help heal the body.
If you are interested in learning more about crystals and their scientific properties, there are many books that can provide you with more information.
Although crystals have been used for centuries, it is only recently that scientists have begun to study their properties. The studies that have been conducted show that there is a scientific basis for the claims made by crystal healers. The most important scientific properties of crystals are the piezoelectric effect, amplifying energy, and penetration. We hope you found this article on the science of crystals interesting. If you are interested in learning more about crystals check out our other articles where we look at crystals, gemstones, and methods for using them.